Miss City Discovers: Day One Fun

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day One Fun

Well, hello! I am Jordan Scott. I've decided that I am going to blog once a week. I've decided this a long time ago, actually, but now it's going to happen. For reals. If I ever want to really become a writer...I'm pretty sure this is a vital step. Anyways. I want to tell you about everything. I live in New York, New York (as of September 2012). I'm a Freshman at New York University in my second semester. I adore writing. I love film, television, fashion, history, journalism (broadcast too!) and many more random and lovely subjects. If you like any of the above, then I think you will find my blog entertaining. As a student, I am coaxed (ok forced) to write the occasional paper, and I will also share those with you. My favorite piece from last semester blossomed out of my Writing I course. It is called: My Little Imagined City. I had a love/hate relationship with New York when I first got here (for multiple reasons), and I did a bit of reflecting on that. Luckily, now, I'm loving life more than ever in this quick-moving city. I think that will be my first real blog post! So get ready for that. Really, I'll probably post it after this weird opening post. 

In this Blog: 

I will post the occasional restaurant review- not just in New York, but wherever I happen to find myself. I will most definitely shout my opinion on movies (SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK needs to just win everything at the Oscars), and TV shows (currently obsessed with: The Walking Dead, Girls, Downton Abbey- can you say eclectic?). I will share my awesome internet finds with you, as I come across them- hopefully I don't create more shopaholics out there...sorry in advance. You'll slowly learn about me, my super-supportive family, my divine relationship with Dylan Tate, and my crazy, but obviously awesome friends. If you'd like to get a little more sense of who I am, here's my Twitter handle. I don't know if it's an accurate or flattering depiction, but there you go. 
This is me (5) and Luke (under a year)

Thanks for taking the time to read this little intro. Enjoy- and have a really life-changing Wednesday. 

Oh, and sorry to put a damper on this opening day, but on a serious note- just yesterday I lost one of the loves of my life: my 13-year-old Boxer, Lucas. He was really the most loving, incredible dog and I will miss him every day with all of my heart. Here are some photos of Luke. This blog is dedicated to him, completely. 


This was Luke recently, modeling one of my scarves.
Luke in his favorite chair

Luke with my dad and brother before a motorcycle trip

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Welcome to the blog world, Jordan :)

 
At February 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Sarah! I'll have questions for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home