Miss City Discovers: Hot List For Your Face: Skincare

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hot List For Your Face: Skincare

Hi my loves!

It is finally summer, and I have a little lull in my day-to-day.

I cannot wait to share everything I've been up to in the past few months! It's been a crazy whirlwind. I just got back from a month-long trek through Europe (OK, just London and Paris!) and prior to my trip I said au revoir to Cosmo (but I know I'll be back!)

I am currently in the process of taking a huge step with Miss City Discovers, by moving it to WordPress! 

Before I tell you more about my trip to London, I decided it would be really fun to share a post on everything I use on meu rosto (did I mention I'm learning Portuguese?). So here is a definitive list of my favorites for my face in skincare.  


SKINCARE 





For makeup removal: Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
I rub this all over my face, and sometimes through my hair, before I get in the shower and let the steam do all the work. It breaks down the makeup, and it's heavenly for your skin!

For deep pore removal: Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
There is something so satisfying about seeing all of your pesky blackheads lifted out of your pores onto those little pads. Gross....but satisfying. 

For exfoliation: Boscia Konjac Cleaning Sponge
This came highly recommended to me during my last visit to Sephora. It's great, because after you use it, it drys and bounces right back to it's normal shape!

For a cleanser: Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
Nicola, Dylan's sister-in-law, recommended this to me last summer. It's perfect for summer days that can make you oily, even if you are naturally dry (or combination) like me. 

For a moisturizing oil: Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil
Love, love, love. Put on every time after I wash my face, and before I put on a cream. 

For a deep hydration mask: Boscia Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask
Again, my skin tends to be on the dry side, plus I love masks that can stay on over night. You wake up more beautiful :) 

For a serum: Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Peptide Complex
I have been scrounging from a sample I received at Cosmo, that's how much I love this. When I run out, I just may have to purchase it myself. 

For a peel: Murad Intensive-C Radiance Peel
I stole this from my mama! It's wonderful, and very gentle. Works for every age, clearly!

For a peel/exfoliator/mask in one: GlamGlow Youth Mud 
When I feel like I have absolutely no handle over my skin, I slather this stuff on and normally feel much better afterwards. Very intensive! Not for the faint of heart!


For a luxe cream: Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream
I swear this stuff has gold in it. Before you purchase, go to the nearest department store and request a sample. There's no reason anyone should pay an arm for this magic cream. Try first! 

For a straight up amazing mask: Wei Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask
This is probably my favorite mask. I love how they come in little pods, so it's easy and clean. The brush is like....love. I made both my roommates try this mask this with me, and I think the end result was all positive. 

For a daily mist: Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Essentials Hydra-Pure Smart Spray
I'm not usually one for mists and sprays, but I do like this one. It clears the dirt out of all your fine lines, so that you don't get wrinkles. Um, yes please. 

For a night cream: Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Night Cream 
This creams SMELLS so GOOD. And is also the prettiest lavender color. Oh and it works. 

For acne spot treatment: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion 
Mindy Kaling uses this. Nuff said. 


If you enjoyed this list, let me know, and I'll do a post on my favorite makeup and hair products!

xxoo

Jordan





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home