Miss City Discovers: Proposals, Homecomings & JON HAMM!!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Proposals, Homecomings & JON HAMM!!

This is also old news, but can we just take a moment and drink this all in again? Wait..and also I thought that was a lolly pop for the longest time...I was too focused on his mouth to see anything else hahaha


And, Mad Men had ANOTHER appearance on the cover of Rolling Stone in 2010


And, as much as I think everyone looks super hot in this (back of a car??) shoot, I don't think anyone can beat out True Blood's cover..


Now, this post is going to go from VERY FUNNY to cry your eyes out. But in a good way.

Well, actually before you laugh, I've been meaning to share with you this concoction I made up for a delicious and nutritious shake. 

Honestly, I didn't write the measurements down....so just throw in what you see fit :) :) 

1.    Peanut Butter 
2. Banana (maybe like 1 1/2?)
3. Honey (just a bit)
4. Chia Seeds
 5. Milk (soy, organic, skim whatever) - this should fill up a good base in the blender
6. Chocolate Almond Spread from Trader Joe's (just a touch)

AND IT WAS SO GOOD. I also didn't take a picture..awk..so here's a picture of a pretty shake that yours might quite possibly look like!


OK, here comes the laughing....get pumped..

Both of these hilarious posts from BuzzFeed have to do with dogs. Because dogs are just so amazing. 







Ok so we are going to take this blog in a slightly different direction now. Here was Zendaya's dance from Dancing with the Stars last week that BLEW me away. She is the second female dancer (the first couple are pros) and I just love how much of a STORY came across. Her acting throughout is impeccable..I was seriously transported to a Sherlock Holmes type moment. I was prancing around the room after because I felt so much PASSION. Britt & my mom were like umm..please stop.



Speaking of passion, Roger Ebert was one of the most passionate people about film and I think we should ALL watch his top 10 favorite films. He was a huge inspiration to me. Here they are: 

1.     Aguirre, Wrath of God (Herzog)
2.     Apocalypse Now (Coppola)

3.     Citizen Kane (Welles)

4.     La Dolce Vita (Fellini)

5.     The General (Keaton)

6.     Raging Bull (Scorsese)
7.     2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick)

8.     Tokyo Story (Ozu)

9.     The Tree of Life (Malick)

10.  Vertigo (Hitchcock)

OH if you feel like you need to get a good cry out, you have the following two options that will absolutely, most definitely, certainly make you ball your eyes out: 

1. Watch The Impossible. That is all. Seriously, I'm not going to even explain it. Here's a link to a quick synopsis. I don't think I stopped crying for more than 3 minutes throughout the whole thing. It crushed me. In a good way.


2.  Watch videos from the following "Feel Good" Blogs: 

1. Welcome Home Blog - Soldiers coming back from WAR and surprising their KIDS, their WIVES, FAMILIES. OMG I can't even. No.. I need to stop. Francesca has walked into our room like 10 times now with me crying and it's becoming problematic. Here is one of my favs :) :) 


2. Ring On The Finger- So this is for the romantic in all of you. These are surprise wedding proposals!! LOVE ITTTT. 







3. Mother Glow- these are all about couples breaking the news to their family, friends, parents, etc. that they are pregnant!! LOVE THESE TOO







HAHA THIS WOMAN'S SCREAM ^^



Good day!!!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home