Miss City Discovers: Post-Oscars Meatless Monday

Monday, February 25, 2013

Post-Oscars Meatless Monday

So I am terribly sad that the Oscars have come and gone, but I had such a great time last night with friends and family celebrating one of the most INCREDIBLE years in film that I've ever seen.

With films like Lincoln, Argo, Django Unchained and Silver Linings Playbook, you get your fill of every kind of story. I was slightly disappointed that Silver Linings Playbook didn't take more statues home, but I know deep down that each and every single movie nominated deserved an Oscar. Sometimes I think there needs to be a category for Best Trailer because...damn...Argo's was good. Dream On makes me want to stand up on my theater chair and clap.



Mom and I totally riveted...

It was a wonderful evening, and I really love all who came and went along with my annoying Oscar ballots :)


NOW, I am not a vegetarian, although many of my friends are and I was just recently extremely disturbed by a movie called Food Inc.

So I've decided to take baby steps by engaging in Meatless Monday! Thought I'd share some cute, quick and easy recipes with you if you want to follow along with me on this quest to be healthier and nicer to the world's animals!





1. I would eat this Lemon Garlic Broccoli with every meal, regardless of the day of the week...HOW GOOD DOES THIS LOOK? Am I the only person obsessed with broccoli? I think Mr. Tate is the only one who understands my passion <3


2. Stews are perfect for those rainy-blistery-cold-winter days where you just want to snuggle up on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy or Downton Abbey. Mmmmm. I think this Vegetarian Guinness Stew looks like it'll do :) 


3. I know this last one doesn't really count as a vegetarian dish because it wouldn't normally have meat in it...but I couldn't stop myself from sharing this one...Chocolate. Pecan. Pie. Three little words that have an unnatural amount of power over Jordan. Let's eat this. 


Last but not least, if you want to feel good about yourself after devouring an entire chocolate pecan pie, try this INSANE workout. Have a lovely Monday!






Happy 10th Post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home