Miss City Discovers: Fashion, Food and Finales

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fashion, Food and Finales


Oh well hi there! (How cute is this little ballerina? Sorry..had to.) This blog is filled with gems. Seriously, I went a little crazy. But, I think you'll thank me by the end.

I am on Spring Break! Wooh let's get cray cray. But actually, I'm in Albany. So...nothing will go down.  But I am planning on catching up on all of my "Television programs" (as my grandma calls them), the wonderful FilmBuff movies I've been assigned to watch, and all of my trashy reading before my academic brain-killers. I also want to cook every meal for myself, in an attempt to know exactly what nourishment is going into my body and hopefully somewhat detoxing. Here's what I made last night! 


I do not know the exact measurements used...as I basically just threw everything on until it looked scrumptious...but here is what I used! 

1. Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
2. Arugula
3. Spinach
4. Kale
5. Low-fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
6. Salt & Pepper
7. Olive Oil 

Here's an insane piece of news: Dylan skydived yesterday. Well, technically today...because IN AUSTRALIA THEY ARE A DAY AHEAD. Yeah, can you tell I'm annoyed that I am not in Sydney? Most definitely would not be jumping from planes...but I'd be extremely supportive and welcoming on the field or whatever that he landed in...anyways, I'm sure pictures are to come. 

On Friday night, I went and saw my friend Jessica's dance showcase (is that what I am even supposed to be calling it?) where she danced in an absolutely stunning piece choreographed by her friend, Christian. All I have to say is...it took a lot of guts to get on that stage and do what she did...so props to you my love! She also choreographed a touching and beautiful piece in the memory of her best friend, Jasmine. I don't think there was a dry eye in the theater! Jess is a very insightful person- so check out her Tumblr! 

Oh yeah, I'm back to blonde...ish. Here's what I mean: 


Now, on the media front...

The Girls Finale.
Well.
I'm not exactly thrilled with the direction that the show has gone. This show is a comedy. That's why I don't appreciate the way that Hannah has 'gone crazy' with her OCD. The disease is not funny...and although they make it obvious that Hannah is suffering, they also use comedic relief. I don't like that. OCD is debilitating and shouldn't be used as a funny new symptom that Hannah is going through. You'll have to watch to see what else happens- the Hannah story line was really the only part I wasn't enjoying (until the kind of cliche end) so I still recommend you watch. 



This just reminds me of New York...and all the reasons that I love it. 



I cannot wait for the Season 3 Premier of Game of Thrones. The fashion at the official premier was off da hook..let me just say. Check out Rose Leslie's gorgeous green gown. Let's just say I have something kind of similar planned for the Gala this Saturday ;) To see the rest: Click here!



I think it's very important that we all just realize this. Anything difficult that you are going through will eventually fade away. I promise. And you can, of course, always talk to me. I love to listen...and talk :) 



Here are five ways to stay creative! I really liked this. Very helpful and inspiring



This next recipe comes from one of my favorite bogs, Minimalist Baker. They are Healthy No Bake Cookie Bites! These look perfect for a day like today, AKA A blizzard during March day...why....

At least my friend Hannah is here watching FilmBuff's movie, Missed Connections (A Review to come later!)  Check out her Tumblr!



Go bold or go home, as The Wicked Ying so boldly puts it for this Spring's Fashion! I really love this black and white outfit for a cute day walking around the city. Peplum is SO in. What do you think?


This DIY project is super cute and reminds me of my dad and my brother, who can actually both solve a Rubik's Cube! My dad once came into my 5th grade classroom and solved it with his eyes closed...it was an awesome/proud moment for me. Also...I just realized that this is the second tissue box I've posted on here...strange.



NAIL TREND ALERT! I plan on trying this as soon as possible


Trying to be more hands on...can you tell? 




“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”- Dr. Seuss

Happy Tuesday :)  









2 Comments:

At March 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM , Anonymous Lexi said...

Love your blog, you're doing big things my girl. Don't ever stop!

 
At March 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw thank you Lex! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home