Miss City Discovers: Friday Fabulous

Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Fabulous


  1. David Sedaris. Why do I keep hearing this name? Apparently I need to get with it and read one of his incredible essays. His name did make it on to the list of 17 Summer Must-Reads I included in my last post. I managed to dig up this article he wrote called Long Way Home. He is quite funny. 
  2. As a pancake addict, why have I never heard of Dutch Babies? Making these tomorrow. 
  3. Cupcakes and Cashmere blogger, Emily Schuman, occasionally does a post on her blog called Crave or Save where she finds a very expensive product (could be shoes, a dress, etc.) and also includes a much more affordable look alike. I like this idea. I may try it out myself. I really like both her options for a chunky mid-heeled sandal. 
  4. Kale Bacon Quiche with Hash Brown Crust. Do I even need to explain this one? If it looks like pizza, then I'm eating it. 
  5. For all you photographers out there, I came across this little slice of heaven called The Photojojo Store. But since I don't have any real confidence in my photo-taking abilities, I only really desire the coffee mug that looks like a camera lens. 
  6. Mojito Jello Shots. Super refreshing and light for summer. 
  7. 7 Things You Can Still Do After Your Dead. Honestly, there are some good ideas in here. I would not mind being made into a diamond ring. Not at all. 
  8. There is a short series going on at the Film Society of Lincoln Center called Open Roads: New Italian Cinema 2013. If you are in New York and looking for a fun weekday night, I'd say this is a winner. So Italian. 
  9. 5 Nutrients You Need For Energy: Vitamin E, Iron, Potassium, Zinc, and Magnesium. Read why and what foods to eat in order to get these lifesavers by clicking on the link.  
  10. While we are being healthy, here are some delicious looking Superfood Combinations. I'm all over the healthy skin recipe. 
  11. The Right To Bare Arms Upper Body Workout. Clever name, Fitness Magazine. Touché.  
  12. I am a lover of the website GoodReads.com and I love their monthly email of books that they called "Movers and Shakers". Here is the June list. My mom texted me about The Shining Girls, so I know that must be a good one. 
  13. I just adore the blog How Sweet Eats. Jessica has a funny wit that comes right through the computer. Her latest recipe is Crispy Buffalo Style Quinoa Sliders with Sweet Corn and Scallions. How does she come up with this stuff?? 
  14. This is either a mood improver or downer. Decide for yourself. This guy saw a girl on the Subway, and had some sort of Love at first Sight connection, so he made this website: NY Girl of My Dreams and he actually was reunited with her! They went out. The relationship lasted for 2 months and now it's over. I think I would have been more creeped out than flattered. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home